Air Rescue DJA is a 24-hour emergency medical assistance service offered by Dennis Jankelow & Associates (Aviation) (Pty) Ltd through a specialist service provider Blackplan Incident Management (Pty) Ltd. (www.blackplan.im)
Air Rescue DJA applies to any occupant of the Aircraft who suffers a medical emergency whilst on board or whilst embarking or disembarking. Coverage does not only apply to aircraft accidents. The service includes stabilization of the patient, transfer to an appropriate medical facility, transfer between facilities, etc.
The maximum service limit is USD2,500,000 any one occurrence.
Air Rescue DJA is also available to pilots insured under our Pilot Excess facility.
Two geographical categories apply to aircraft related services:
The Continent of Africa, south of the equator, including the whole of those countries bisected by the Equator, including the Indian Ocean Islands lying south of the Equator and within 60 degrees East Longitude.
The Continent of Africa, plus Sao Tome & Principe, Maldives, Ascension Island, Cape Verde & Diego Garcia, and including the Indian Ocean Islands lying south of the Equator and within 60 degrees East Longitude.
Air Rescue DJA is a service which is uniquely designed for the aviation industry and applies to the crew and passengers of the specified aircraft.
The benefits of Air Rescue DJA are as follows:
- response by road or air ambulance to the scene of the incident
- stabilization and primary care
- transfer of patients to the closest most appropriate medical facility
- telemedicine and flight-diversion management trauma counseling: telephonic and face to face
- transportation of emergency blood and/or emergency medicine
- companionship of stranded minors and care for next of kin
- repatriation of mortal remains
- 24 hour medical advice via the Air Rescue DJA dedicated telephone number.
FOR AIR RESCUE EMERGENCIES THE NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER IS: 010 007 0229 (FOR CALLS WITHIN SOUTH AFRICA) OR +27 10 007 0229 (FOR CALLS FROM OUTSIDE OF SOUTH AFRICA).